Sunday, October 29, 2006

My AROC challenge

Today was my first AROC event (www.arocsport.com.au). It's basically orienteering using different forms of transport, kayaking, riding, running. This particular event was run in the Northern Beaches area around Narrabeen Lake.

A bushfire that had gone through the area a week or so before the event so that ensured that we would be suitably covered in soot. The course started with a quick dip across a channel, then straight into a Kayaking leg, a run, then back across the lake, but in tyre tube this time. This was followed by a quick run adn then onto the bikes for a ride up the hill to the foot orientation section. An hour or so after that we were orienteering on our bikes, another kayak section followed and then our final run leg. A bit over 5 hrs after we started we were done.

That's me with the red pack on. It was fun and I look forward to the next one.

Till my next post,

P

Click here for the full results.