Monday, December 11, 2006

Another hot one at Yarramundi

The Western Sydney MTB Club www.wsmtb.com ran it's last event for the year, a 4 hour race yeaterday. The usual issues at registration meant that the 8AM start, turned into a 8:45AM start. The course was a less technical than usual for the enjoyment of "all" riders.


The usual suspects from CBD www.citybikedepot.com.au were there. Again the day started overcast, but by 9:30 the clouds had disapated and the sun was shining in all it's glory, it turned out to be a great day to be at the beach, not so good if you wanted to ride around the bush. While it was nice to be outdoors and riding, my lack of saddle time and riding mojo for the day meant that I wasn't as enthusiastic about going around the circuit as much as I like. But I did manage to complete 5 laps ( 8.4kms) in 4hr23min as a "Solo" rider, which I was please about.