Thursday, January 18, 2007

Summer Series - Greenwich

It was back to my old stomping ground of Greenwich (Manning Park) last night for the latest Summer Series event. The weather was threatening and with a stiff breeze that made the run, just that little bit harder than it had to be :-) And of course plenty of hills.

This week I decided to try a different plan, it was going to be about distance not points this week. Instead of going for the natural clump of controls, I thought why not push myself, by making my way to the furthest points this week. Trying improve my fitness, by having to run further. So I chose to attack the controls in Woolstonecraft, running along the bush track linking the suburbs. It was much nicer than just running along the street.

In the end, I ran over time by 4 mins. But was happy with the distance covered.