Monday, February 19, 2007

MTBO SS1 Belanglo

It was a beautiful day, perfect for a ride, and a great way to start the first MTBO Super Series for 07 (Long Course - 45kms) yesterday. The only thing not ready was me. I miscalculated my travelling time to the Belanglo State Forest. So it was a rush to register, set my bike up and make the start line in time. As I was collecting my map I saw the rest of the field disappearing into the distance. But not being too disheartened I carried on, and infact I did manage to make up some ground by the first control. Infact as I was heading to the second control, I passed someone who was already lost (before control 1). I felt a bit rusty and made a coupel of simple navigation errors that probably cost me 30mins over the course of the day.

I did finish in the end, in 3.5 hours and not last. :-) Better luck next time.

Happy trails.


Update: Results 30/33, 201.10mins (Full Results)