Thursday, March 22, 2007

Summer Series - Hunters Hill (Series Final)

Well, this was it the last "Summer Series" event for the season. Now was the time to leave it all out on the streets and go hard. The starting point was at St Joesph's sporting oval. After carefully studying the map, I made a cracking start and feeling strong and picking up a good bag of points, but a couple of minor navigation mistakes saw my time slip away. Then it all fell apart! Noticing that I only had 3 minutes to get back to teh finish, I was confident that I could do the 600mtrs in about 5 minutes (uphill) and only lose about 2-3mins, but I took a wrong street and actually started headign off inthe wrong direction. By the time I realised my mistake it was too late and it cost me about 9mins. Bugger, to say the least. The error cost me 120 points! So instead of the 390 collected I ended up scoring 260. Not happy Jan!

Bring on the "Autumn Series" which starts next week.