Sunday, May 27, 2007

MTBO SS-3 Penrose State Forest

It was back to the Southern Highlands and Penrose State Forest and it was a perfect day for riding, sunny, clear and a slight cool breeze.

I'd ridden about this forest a couple of time now so I felt confident that I could put together a pretty good time today, but that bloody course setter had other ideas. What was scheduled as a 36km long course, ended up being closer to 50kms (without the self inflicted additional mileage). It start out easy enough, pretty open and nice long sections, some hills but nothing to stop you in your tracks (coming out of control 5 was a challenge). It wasn't until the later section that, the hills just wouldn't stop, and there was a lot of criss crossing tracks you had already done. I think that made the day seem longer too.

There were three critical mistakes i made that cost me time, but it was something that I'll know for next time.

for the record, I did finish and wasn't last (but not far off it :-) ).

23 Chan Peter MDN 252:33min

Official Results


Sorry, my camera broke this mooring so no pics for the moment.

Happy trails.