Monday, October 22, 2007

A hot day in the saddle

Yesterday found me at Wiseman's Ferry and the "Great Northern Road" for a ride with a new crew Quan, Nicole, Sarah & Alan. As this was my first ride with these guys and only my second ride in the area I followed there lead, it was good ride (albeit very hot 35c) for the most part except for my unplanned dismount trying to climb up a rock (what was I thinking???). Not only did it leave me a little bruised and bleeding and more em brassed, it also left me with a bent rear brake rotor (perfect!). So after a few minutes to remove the rear disc, I had the pleasure of the last 15kms with only half my braking power. It made my descent via "Shepard's Gully" a very interesting experience. It was a pleasure to ride with these guys and girls, just have to work on my fitness a little to keep up for next time.