Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hello from Beijing....

Well I've finally made it to Beijing! The fly over the city was amazing, the lights streched for miles and miles, and set on fire the imaginations of what lay install on the ground. the adventure is truly about to begin.

After my flight finally arrived, we headed out for drink, Coll and Tone are quite the guides, they had it well in hand. After a couple of beers and then a couple of cocktails, mixed with a few games of local dice (one all between coll and tone) I was well and truely ready for bed. We left the bar at 3:30 local time (5:30am sydney time), needless to say I slept soundly.

My firt day started slowly, and we brunched on dumpling and soup, it was a heart meal adn good fuel for the rest of the day. we tracked down a bie shop an hired our trusty steads or was that rusty? Somehow i don't think they would have passed the road worthy back home, but hey when in Rome! It's a great way to see the city, you really get up close and personal to the locals at times. you can see so much more of the city in a day. And with a culture of bike riding through traffic, there was a certain method to the chaos.

Well now that I've freshened up it's time to have think about dinner, gain my trusty guides Coll and Tone will lead the way. Cal and Michiel are arriving this evening to complete our travelling group.



Arrivals in Beijing International Airport


View from my hotel room

Picking up our set ot wheels.

Drum and Bell towers.


Tone and I

On my "Flying Pidgon"

A common sight in parks all around Beijing (and China) a vigorous game of cards.

A few select choices at the Night Markets.

One of the outer walls of the "Forbidden City"


Chairman Moa still keeping an eye on happening in China.