Sunday, July 02, 2006

WWS Round 4 (8 hour endurance).

Well the time has come, WWS Round 4 at Yarramundi (Round 4 Working Week Series). It was going to be a team of 3 but after the late withdrawl of my fellow team mates (Mark and Alastair), it was going to be a SOLO effort. It was going to be a long 8hours. The last time I was here was in Feb 06 to compete in the 4 hour endurance race (with Al).
Check out some of the pictures taken at the event:
www.pixelpics.com.au (click on the "RaceTech Working Week Series #4" link and in the race number section enter: 328.
The track configuration was different this time too, the first part involved a long hill climb (that just got longer each lap), then a technical descent, the colminated in a steep drop into a bridge crossing. the next section involved a ascent, then a zig zag section finally leading across the back of the course. this then lead back up to the ramp near the transition portion of the track (half way). this lead back out again. The back half of the course was more to my liking.
You can check out the result: I placed 43 out of 52 in the Solo Male category >
http://www.brightorangeevents.com/Racetech%20WWS%20Rd%204%20Summary.pdf

Our Friends from City Bike Depot were out today.


Here we have Chris ready to go.


The transition area and timing gate.


There goes Chris.



A bit of a rest was required after the first two of my 6 laps.



Look, fresh as a daisy... who would have thought I had ridden 57kms xCountry.


My trusty steed, didn't let me down.