Saturday, September 01, 2007

Back from Johnston Strait (BC)

Well it's been a week already and I've already put a few km's under my belt so far. My Canadian buddies Almira and Tara have been fantastic and I don't think I could have had better hosts. Vancouver certainly has a charm about it, especially for those who have visions of being and getting outdoors. Not too many couch potatoes here. Super impressed by the fact that so many people are riding.

Tara had been great enough to organise sometime up at her parents weekender on Bowen Island, with a group for their friends. Genuinely a great group of people. The Bowen Island festival was also being held the same weekend we were there and we checked out the festivities. The girls were kind enough to sign the guys in the group for the best legs competition, sadly (or was that thankfully) I was knocked out in the first round, but Andy had the tide of expectation thrust upon him by making it to the second and final round. A great laugh.

A quick trip back on Sunday to Vancouver saw me head out to "Campbell River" on Vancouver Island. It was form here I joined the Coastal Spirit Tour and headed up to Robson Reserve Marine Reserve in Johnston Strait. Unfortunately the weather wasn't great for kayaking with some 25knot winds and plenty of chop so it was limited, but the Orca sight's were still fantastic from the beach side camp. I'm looking forward to loading up some pics when i get the opportunity. Awesome. As with group tours, it can be a luck dip as to the others on the tour, but, I'm happy to report the group was great and had a good laugh in all the conditions we experienced there.

Well I'm back in Vancouver for the weekend and heading off to Seattle Monday.

Catch you all later.

P